17 February 2012

the elegant universe, Brian Greene

I guess it is clear my experiment of writing as I was reading didn't turn out so well. I just felt too boring. Then I read a bunch of books pretty fast and got busy with rehearsals and work and sort of lost track of things. 


I enjoyed reading the book about Kuiper Belt Objects so much that I decided to read another science book. This one is about string theory. I'm not quite up to the string theory part of the book. Greene first gets us set by explaining relativity and quantum mechanics so he can then point out why they don't work together and how the struggle to make them compatible led to string theory.  Something I have realized about learning over the years is the more I am exposed to explanations of complicated things, the more I hear the story from different types of teachers, the better I understand it. This seems kind of obvious, but it helps me to acknowledge this and not freak out that I don't understand a thing right away. I enjoy the feeling of struggling with concepts and getting a hold of abstract things, but I also enjoy knowing that I can learn a little bit at a time, and the next time I'm exposed to this topic I'll probably understand a little bit more.  


5 Books I met: the elegant universe, Brian Greene I guess it is clear my experiment of writing as I was reading didn't turn out so well. I just felt too boring. Then I read a bunch of bo...

No comments:

Post a Comment

< >

search